I’ve been very busy lately with work and life, but have wrapped myself in a cocoon of music the entire time. Here a few lines from songs I’ve been playing, singing and ruminating on for the last few weeks and months.
(I left out Dragula by Rob Zombie because that is only when I’m in a “Fuck You” mood.
– Dig through the ditches, burn through the witches. Slam in the back of my Dragula- “Freak” rock about the Munster’s car, gotta love it. SHIT, so much for leaving it out. If you don’t like it…Fuck you! Hahahaha
- People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of a hand.
- I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.
- Something about you now, I can’t quite figure out. Everything she does is beautiful. Everything she does is right….. And I don’t know why I can’t keep my eyes off of you.
- What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way. What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you.
- But girl you make it hard to be faithful, With the lips of an angel.
- All the miles that separate, disappear now when I’m dreamin’ of your face. I’m here without you baby, but you’re still on my lonely mind.
– Hate me today Hate me tomorrow Hate me for all the things I didn’t do for you Hate me in ways Yeah,
ways hard to swallow Hate me so you can finally see what’s good for you
- I can see through you, See to the real you.
- If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman (or Batman)
- And I don’t want the world to see me ‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand When everything’s made to be broken I just want you to know who I am
Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
Edwin McCain – I’ll Be
Lifehouse – You and Me
Hinder – Lips of an Angel
Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
3 Doors Down – Here Without You
Blue October – Hate Me
Stained – Ouside
3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
Goo Goo Dolls – Iris