She said she wanted to soar
to drift on a warm summer breeze.
How could I refuse such a request?
With grown-up hands a child-like plane I did craft.
The perfect vehicle to carry her anywhere her heart desired
for paper is all that is needed to carry a dream or a spirit.
I like you
I love you
I like loving you
I love liking you
I love you
I like you
You are just so….. YOU!!!
Poetry and writing
Reality and fiction
We all bare our hearts and souls in this place
Our fears, love, joy and pain
Shared with people we know
and with total strangers
But do they really hears us?
Can they feel what we write on the level we write it?
Can they make all our words about love, pain and sex superfluous?
We only have our words to express ourselves here
But there is something deeper out there
And it’s real
In this season of love and peace
I wish that all will find that special someone who hears you
Just watched Kill Bill 2 (again) the other day and this line from the end of the movie caught my attention.
Uma Thurman’s character (The Bride) just told David Carradine’s character (Bill) that she was a bad person after basically exploding his heart with her fingers. This was his response, knowing he was about to die.
I just sat there smiling to myself and thought, “Yep, it’s just like that.”
There are two incredible women that share this amazingly wonderful trait. 😉
Maybe it explains why we can care so much for certain people even when they hurts us.
Been there, done that…. and have the “scars” to prove it.
It’s a nice thought, but reality indicates otherwise.
Some promises seem so simple when they are uttered,
yet so difficult to keep. Such is life. 😉
This just struck me as humorous.
I’ve been very busy lately with work and life, but have wrapped myself in a cocoon of music the entire time. Here a few lines from songs I’ve been playing, singing and ruminating on for the last few weeks and months.
(I left out Dragula by Rob Zombie because that is only when I’m in a “Fuck You” mood.
– Dig through the ditches, burn through the witches. Slam in the back of my Dragula- “Freak” rock about the Munster’s car, gotta love it. SHIT, so much for leaving it out. If you don’t like it…Fuck you! Hahahaha
- People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of a hand.
- I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.
- Something about you now, I can’t quite figure out. Everything she does is beautiful. Everything she does is right….. And I don’t know why I can’t keep my eyes off of you.
- What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way. What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you.
- But girl you make it hard to be faithful, With the lips of an angel.
- All the miles that separate, disappear now when I’m dreamin’ of your face. I’m here without you baby, but you’re still on my lonely mind.
– Hate me today Hate me tomorrow Hate me for all the things I didn’t do for you Hate me in ways Yeah,
ways hard to swallow Hate me so you can finally see what’s good for you
- I can see through you, See to the real you.
- If I go crazy then will you still Call me Superman (or Batman)
- And I don’t want the world to see me ‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand When everything’s made to be broken I just want you to know who I am
Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
Edwin McCain – I’ll Be
Lifehouse – You and Me
Hinder – Lips of an Angel
Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
3 Doors Down – Here Without You
Blue October – Hate Me
Stained – Ouside
3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
Goo Goo Dolls – Iris